Concerts, football games, fairs, more and more events are due to the rampant Corona ends cancelled-Virus. What they are specifically, and whether or not you get your money refunded, you can find here.
Money for Tickets, travel or hotel accommodation can be, under certain circumstances, refunded. The consumer explains.
Event due to Coronavirus cancelled: money for Tickets refunded
Is a event due to the Coronavirus to be cancelled, you will get your money back. Because the organizer does not comply with its performance obligations, regardless of whether he is responsible for the failure or not, so the consumer advocates. Please contact the organiser or ticket offices to get all the info for a refund.
The same applies if the event is moved, but at the replacement date can not or do not want to. According to the consumer, the Ticket can be returned and you will be refunded the ticket price and, where appropriate, even the pre – sale and shipping fees. Clauses in the terms and conditions, which will allow a return only in the case of a General cancellation, according to the consumer invalid.
Also in the case of season tickets for football games , it is possible to find the money for individual games without an audience to take place (here’s a list with all the mind games), refund to let. According to consumer advocates, the Pro-rata price of a game can be claimed back, even if it is in the Terms and conditions differently.
Tickets for fear of Corona to voluntarily return
Of course, may Tickets out of fear of Corona to voluntarily be returned, but you then have no legal right to a refund of the ticket price. Affected are dependent on the goodwill of the organiser, the consumer advocates.
The cost of a hotel room, other provisions apply. If you have booked a package travel, i.e. Ticket and a hotel room in a, you can contact in case of an event cancellation of the entire trip free of charge. If you have booked separately, it is legally more complicated If the sponsor is to blame for the cancellation, he does not have to reimburse the hotel price, if a force majeure is to be expected, then. Whether in the case of Coronavirus of a force majeure is spoken, it remains to be seen – it is probably the court will be in a fight yet. The price of the ticket but must be in any case refunded.
Also, some of the tickets of the Deutsche Bahn will be refunded. This applies for tickets to a particular destination (concert, football game, fair, etc.), which was cancelled due to the Coronavirus. Passengers who do not want to for fear of Corona in Italy-risk areas, get out of grace the money refunded. Also, if the booked Hotel (home and abroad) is under quarantine, will be refunded to the arrival. Concerned should, according to the DB at the point of sale, or the customer service channels of Deutsche Bahn apply.
What events are you in danger of fail specifically because of Corona
In view of the spread of the new Coronavirus in several Federal States major events with more than 1000 people are to be cancelled. In some cases, you could be held without spectators. Thus, the countries Federal Minister of health, Jens Spahn, had recommended that events with more than 1000 participants for the time being to cancel followed. Which events will be specifically, you will learn here.
Note: This article is continuously updated and represents a selection of important events.
In Baden-Württemberg, events with more than 1000 participants are prohibited. This is true of Sport, culture, fairs and tourism hard.
New Coronavirus cases in the state of Baden-Württemberg and still no end in sight: The state government is therefore forced to ban. A corresponding regulation on the basis of the German infection protection act on the way, announced Minister of health of the man Lucha (Green) on Tuesday in Stuttgart.
Baden-Württemberg is following other German States, including Bavaria and North Rhine-Westphalia. Overall, the number of the with the novel Coronavirus Sars-CoV-2 infected patients in the South West rose by Tuesday evening, at 277.
The prohibition of more than 1000 spectators at events will meet in front of all the sports, fairs and the culture of hard, but also the crafts and tourism. The Cabinet will decide on the legal regulation in the course of the coming days, announced the Ministry of health. A General closure of schools and day care centers was first provided, but in any state.
- Didacta Education Fair (24. to 28. March) moved to Stuttgart
- Bach week (13. to 21. March) cancelled in Stuttgart
- Radio Arc Award (3 Rain. April) in the Europa-Park theme Park in Rust cancelled
- Aqua-Fish (6. to 8. March) and the spring trade fair IBO (18. to 22. March) moved in Friedrichshafen
- The national theatre are all around 1200 seats of their Opera house in the sale, in order to remain below the recommended maximum limit.
- The state theatre Karlsruhe in a similar way. The Festspielhaus in Baden-Baden, the largest Opera house in Germany, announced that the decree of the Ministry to be seen and to react immediately.
Bavaria has responded to the Minister of health Spahns proposal and events with over 1000 people, initially, to 19. April says below.
- Politicians-Derblecken on the Nockherberg moved
- Arms exhibition IWA in Nuremberg cancelled
- Fensterbau Frontale and Holz-Handwerk (18. to 21. March) in Nuremberg, later moved
- Easter market in Abensberg (1. to 13. April) cancelled
- Real estate fair in Munich, moved to 24. to 26. April
- International crafts fair (IHM) in Munich, cancelled, next appointment in March 2021
- Education fair in Kelheim cancelled
- 150-year Celebration of the DAV section in Regensburg (7. March) moved
- "Dance your Style"-The tournament moved to Weiden on October
In Bavaria, are all state-owned theatres, concert halls and Opera houses from 11. March until the end of the Easter holidays on 19. April closed, the spread of the Coronavirus curb. The money for the tickets, you will report to, said arts Minister Bernd Sibler (CSU). Alone for the operas to reckon with costs of around four million euros.
The Bavarian state Opera wants to bring during the closing of selected pieces still on the stage in front of empty stands. Viewers could watch the performances live over the Internet, a spokesman said on Tuesday in Munich. Also many other houses and cultural institutions in Bavaria are in the next time. So decided to have the city of Munich on Tuesday, the Philharmonic, the chamber of games, the Volkstheater and the German theatre to close.
The Berlin health administration has also said of the events of 1,000 people by the end of the Easter holidays. The reason is the spread of the Coronavirus, whether for health, Senator Dilek Kalayci (SPD) announced on Wednesday.
- Internationale Tourismus börse ITB (4. to 8. March) cancelled
- Pharmaceutical Conference Vision.A from the middle of March, postponed to June
- All the performances in the Deutsche Oper Berlin on the big stage in the period 11. March to 19. April 2020 have to be cancelled. The performances in the Foyer and in the carpenter’s workshop are to be held until Further notice. To find the Reimbursement you Wednesday for more information.
dpa/Paul Zinken/dpa “ITB Berlin” is written on the flags in front of Messe Berlin. The International tourism exchange will not take place due to the Coronavirus.
- Job and training fair JOBinale in Potsdam on 11. March cancelled
- Training and study trade fair "career compass" on 13./14. March cancelled in the giebelsee hall in Petershagen/Eggersdorf
- Fair "Jobregional" (21. March) cancelled in Cottbus
The city of Bremen, under the all events with more than 1000 people says. Events with more than 250 persons must appear at the clerk’s office and have to meet certain requirements.
- Cancellation of the accident medical meeting on 6. and 7. March
- The works Council meeting of Telekom in Bremen cancelled
Because of the spread of the novel Coronavirus, the Hamburg health authority, events with more than 1000 people want to say. The next home matches of the Hamburger SV and the FC St. Pauli will be played without spectators.
- Gastro – and hotel industry trade fair Internorga (13. to 17. March) postponed, to be rescheduled
- Beatles Festival (27. up to 29. March) in Hamburg postponed, new date on 15. and 16. August
More to the Corona epidemic you read in the News-Ticker of FOCUS Online.
The state of Hesse recommends the cancellation of major events. The risk of virus transmission in large gatherings of people, "in particular, in closed Räumen", let in the light of recent developments in Italy and of the current history of infections not sure of the judge, informed the Ministry of social Affairs on Tuesday in Wiesbaden.
- Memorial concert for the victims of the attack in Hanau, Germany (7. March) moved on 17. May
- Trade Fair “Light And Building” (8. to 13. March) in Frankfurt moved to September
- Country chamber of pharmacists, Hessen says Central training (14./15. March) pouring in from
- Glass-fiber-exhibition fiber days in Wiesbaden, Germany, 13./14. October moved
- Frankfurt’s future-Congress at the Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences moved
- Night of training in Darmstadt, Germany (13. March) cancelled
- Hilton-Bazaar of the Frankfurter kinderschutzbund (7. March) cancelled
- Day of the archives in Bad Homburg (7. March) cancelled
- Agricultural fair of the country, and enjoyment (20.-22. March) in Frankfurt has been moved to next year
- Workshop on plasma research in Greifswald cancelled
Annual reception of the IHK (10. March) cancelled in Rostock
More to the Cancellations of national and international sporting events you can read here.
In NRW events with more than 1000 persons are prohibited.
- WDR 5-literature marathon (13. March) cancelled in Cologne
- Cyber Security Tech Summit in Bonn cancelled
- Pro Wine Trade Fair (15. to 17. March) moved to Düsseldorf
- METAV 2020 (International fair for technologies of metal processing) moved
- International fitness trade fair Fibo in Cologne on 1. to 4. October moved
- International Hardware Fair (1. to 4. March) cancelled in Cologne
- Billiards-world Championships in Viersen cancelled (new date probably in 2020)
- “Yonex German Open” (3. to 8. March) in Mülheim an der Ruhr
- The Literature Festival Lit.Cologne (10.-21. March) in Cologne
Similarly, the measure " were;Beauty", "Top Hair", the wire trade fair "wire" and pipe trade fair "Tube" cancelled.
Due to the Coronavirus to make churches in Bielefeld to. Expected to to 20. March in the pastoral composite Bielefeld-Ost no Church services instead, because up to this point, all of the pastor of the parish in quarantine must stay, as the composite of the Catholic news Agency (KNA) on Monday said. Up to and including Friday, all seven churches were closed. The news would constantly be published online. The measure applies since Saturday evening.
On Tuesday, the Hanover Region, has announced that events with more than 1000 people are up to the 22. March is not generally permitted, if they take place in enclosed spaces.
- Hannover Messe postponed, new date 13. to 17. July
- Wasa-Lauf in Celle from 8. March 31. October moved
- Deutsche Messe AG has the for 17. to 19. March planned IT show Twenty2x in Hannover on 23. to 25. June moved
- "The day of the Kirchenvorstände" (21. March) in Hannover on the 17th. April 2021 moved
- The spring meeting of the German physicists Congress in Hannover cancelled (8. March)
Rhineland-Palatinate is recommended the cancellation of large events with more than 1000 participants.
- Almond blossoms canceled festival in Neustadt-Gimmel things
- German-French biosphere farmer’s market in Rumbach (22. March) will not take place
With a series of emergency measures, the Saarland state government wants to curb the spread of the Coronavirus. These include binding instructions for the cancellation of events with more than 1000 visitors include.
- SaarLorLux Tourism Exchange (14. 15. March) cancelled in St. Ingbert, Germany
- Leipzig Book Fair (12. to 15. March) cancelled
- Trade Union meeting of the IG metal (14. March) cancelled in Leipzig
- The spring meeting of the German physicists Congress in Dresden cancelled (15. March)
- Integration fair in Löbau on 16. Of September shifted
Also in Schleswig-Holstein state government is planning events with more than 1000 people to say.
- Annual reception of the chamber of Commerce and industry (IHK) in Kiel, Germany cancelled
In Thuringia, no events with more than 1,000 visitors, will take place more. Events between 500 and 1000 participants can be admitted to examination in individual cases, reported to the MDR.
- Meeting of the Association of the Thuringian house of the doctors (14. March) cancelled in Erfurt
- Conference of the German nutrition society, Jena, cancelled
- High school information day at the Bauhaus-University (7. March) cancelled in Weimar
- The day of the carnival (28. March) cancelled in Apolda
- Wheelchair Basketball quarter-finals of the Champions League (13. to 15. March) cancelled in Erfurt
Virus name – Sars-CoV-2, Covid-19, and Corona – differences and significance explained
Barcelona Marathon due to Coronavirus in October moved
The for the 15. March planned Barcelona Marathon has been moved due to the new Coronavirus in the autumn. The sporting event in the Catalan capital to now on 25. October take place, informed the municipal administration on Saturday. This had been decided, in consultation with the health authorities, the spread of the Virus to contain. To have the Marathon, logged a record number of 17 000 participants, half of them from abroad, reported the Spanish newspaper "La Vanguardia".
In Spain until Saturday noon about 430 cases of infection with the causative agent of Sars-CoV-2 were confirmed. Eight elderly people died so far in Covid-19.
Switzerland says all the Events with more than 1000 people
Due to the rising number of Coronavirus cases, Switzerland has 15 until Further notice, all major events with more than 1000 people to the. March is cancelled. The interior Minister Alain Berset said on Friday. The well-known Geneva motor show is canceled on been. The international vehicle trade fair is apportioned in this year, informed the authorities on Friday. Also, the Basler Fasnacht, the Survival Run Thun and the Skimarathon Engadin are cancelled.
Football and ice-hockey matches of the highest leagues with more than 1000 spectators are allowed on the instructions of the Swiss Federal Council to 15. March no longer take place. Possible the spirit will remain, therefore, but games without Fans or games with smaller audiences. Alternatively, the scheduled games to be postponed or cancelled.
On Monday, the 20 Clubs of the Swiss Football League decided that because of the Coronavirus epidemic all the football games of the 1. and 2. League for the whole of the March to be cancelled. Before the 24 were already. Round last weekend, as well as the Cup quarter-finals this week, have been postponed.
Where is Coronavirus? Real-time map showing the spread of the disease
FOCUS Online/Wochit Where occurs Coronavirus on? Real-time map showing the spread of the disease